Nulogy is a rare company. We value autonomy, mastery, and purpose for our employees and a highly transparent and honest culture. This has helped us be recognized repeatedly as one of AON Hewitt’s Best Employers in Canada at their Platinum level — an award decided by anonymous employee surveys, not marketing spin. Our motto is: It’s not just business, it’s personal. After 14 years working together, the company’s founders from the University of Waterloo are still all at Nulogy — and great friends!
Nulogy also has a solid business model, generating real revenue from huge concrete benefits provided to customers around the world serving the supply chains of household names like L’Oreal, Sony, Procter & Gamble, and Pfizer. We are still in the early stages of bold and transformative strategies that stretch far beyond where our business is today. For our rapid growth, Nulogy has won the Deloitte Fast 50 award where we were identified as one of the 200 fastest growing companies in North America.
By joining Nulogy, you will work in very intelligent, high performance teams on very challenging problems that make real global impact.
As a Learning and Development Specialist, you will develop learning opportunities through various types of trainings to support our current growth stage, to ensure that our overall employee experience is enhanced and time to ramp is reduced. You will be developing new content, revamping existing content, leading our onboarding process, developing leadership programs, and delivering other targeted training (such as sales training) to Nulogites. This role is key in supporting our ongoing journey as a learning organization.
- Develop and deliver internal training content, with the goal of creating a full training calendar, by either leveraging internal knowledge to develop material, or sourcing external options for development opportunities (such as speakers, skills development offerings, etc)
- Partner with our customer-focused Education team (NU-University) on our LMS and curriculum development where possible
- Oversee the development of lunch n’ learn opportunities, seeking out experts that can present and assist them in the development of their presentations
- Work with the People Operations team to assist in revamping of training for key projects such as corporate and departmental onboarding, performance review process and feedback, etc. to ensure a consistent experience for all, alignment with corporate objectives, and one that is scalable for growth
- Become certified in key trainings that are provided to Nulogites regularly, such as Solutions Selling for sales, so that on a go-forward basis, Nulogy can deliver this content regularly without external dependency
- Think outside the box! Work with our Culture Specialist and Engagement and Alignment Catalyst to find opportunities which will help our employee experience by enhancing Nulogy’s offerings
- Collect and measure data-driven insights on learning/training (including time to ramp metrics) to deliver the best return on budget and time
- Work closely within our People Operations team to set a new standard for company culture
- Deeply understand and embody Nulogy’s story and values so that you can relay them to every person you interact with, both inside and outside of Nulogy.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 2- 5 Years of full-cycle training experience, including delivering regular content and classroom training, preferably with a focus in tech
- Experience with gap analysis, and various methods to deliver training (in-class, e-learning, reference materials)
- Ideally, working towards, or completed a certification in adult education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You are extremely personable, consistent, and empathetic in your communication
- You take a creative approach to keeping training opportunities interesting and engaging
- You embrace challenges and actively work towards solutions
- You are metrics and improvement focussed
- You enjoy both speaking to large groups, and also making 1:1 connections with people
- You’re a team player with excellent multi-tasking abilities and a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines
Nulogy embraces diversity, and we recognize the need for teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We encourage everyone to apply.