Nulogy is a rare company. We value autonomy, mastery, and purpose for our employees and a highly transparent and honest culture. This has helped us be recognized repeatedly as one of AON Hewitt’s Best Employers in Canada at their Platinum level — an award decided by anonymous employee surveys, not marketing spin. Our motto is: It’s not just business, it’s personal. After 13 years working together, the company’s founders from the University of Waterloo are still all at Nulogy — and great friends!
Nulogy also has a solid business model, generating real revenue from huge concrete benefits provided to customers around the world serving the supply chains of household names like L’Oreal, Sony, Procter & Gamble, and Pfizer. We are still in the early stages of bold and transformative strategies that stretch far beyond where our business is today. For our rapid growth, Nulogy has won the Deloitte Fast 50 award where we were identified as one of the 200 fastest growing companies in North America.
By joining Nulogy, you will work in very intelligent, high performance teams on very challenging problems that make real global impact.
Translate product requirements and business strategy into clearly articulated and prioritized release plans and product backlogs.
As a Product Manager at Nulogy, you will join a talented team of individuals who impact businesses and users around the world with exemplary products that solve highly complex business problems and workflows.
- Apply business acumen to understand the business priorities of Nulogy and its customers
- Maintain intimacy with the needs of customers and markets, and industry and technology trends
- Discover and validate market problems for both existing and future customers
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on product positioning and commercialization plans
- Aligning and motivating parties with different interests around a single plan or vision
- Be the face of the product in interactions both internal and external to the organization
- Manage project timelines, risks, priorities, estimates, and customer commitments and expectations
- Develop and prioritize release plans and product backlogs
- Identify, analyse, and communicate user, business, and user experience requirements
- Lead collaborations with customers, subject matter experts, designers and software/quality engineers to maximize -- product quality and business value
- Monitor and plan for customer adoption and satisfaction
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
- University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or equivalent experience
- Pragmatic marketing or other product management training an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capable negotiator and public speaker
- Understanding of user experience design fundamentals (e.g. information architecture, UI design)
- 7+ years of experience in product management or similar
- Experience working in an Agile environment, particularly in the role of Product Owner
- Success working in a fast-moving technology company environment, preferably Enterprise SaaS
- Have a proven track record for outstanding performance working on complex problems
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in supply-chain management, consumer packaged goods, or manufacturing
- Proven track record of having your cake and eating it too
MOTIVATIONS & INTERESTS
- Interest and affinity to business and entrepreneurship
- Enjoy working in group settings and in front of customers
- Have a habit of ruthless prioritization
- Keen Intelligence: Crunch through our complex and ever-evolving problems
- Strong Analysis: Be counted on to break down problems and find insights
- Great judgment: Make lots of tough decisions, often under uncertainty
- Pragmatic Vision: Be able to envision the future, and also stay grounded in reality
- Organization: Be the organizational backbone of your team, letting nothing slip through the cracks