Nulogy is a rare company. We value autonomy, mastery, and purpose for our employees, and a highly transparent and honest culture. This has helped us to be recognized repeatedly as one of AON Hewitt’s Best Employers in Canada at their Platinum level for several years in a row — an award decided by anonymous employee surveys, not marketing spin. Our motto is: It’s not just business, it’s personal. After 14 years working together, the company’s founders from the University of Waterloo are still all at Nulogy — and still great friends!
Today, Nulogy’s software is embedded in the supply chains of household names like L’Oreal, Sony, Procter & Gamble, and Pfizer. We create solutions for contract packagers and brands to collaborate on increasingly personalized consumer goods. For our rapid growth, Nulogy has been recognized in the 2015 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 which identifies the fifty fastest growing tech companies in Canada.
By joining Nulogy, not only will you work with intelligent and empathetic peers, you’ll also be solving challenging problems that make real global impact.
Translate product requirements and business strategy into clearly articulated and prioritized release plans and product backlogs.
As a Technical Product Manager at Nulogy, you will join a talented team of individuals who impact businesses and users around the world with exemplary products that solve highly complex business problems and workflows. You will work extensively with the product development team coming up with solutions and architectures for highly technical problems and then bringing them to life for users.
- Apply business acumen to understand the business priorities of Nulogy and its customers
- Maintain intimacy with the needs of users and customers, and relevant technology trends
- Aligning and motivating parties with different interests around a single plan or vision
- Manage project timelines, risks, priorities, estimates, and customer commitments and expectations
- Develop release plans, user stories, acceptance criteria, and product backlogs
- Identify, analyse, and communicate user, business, and user experience requirements
- Lead collaborations with customers, subject matter experts, designers and software/quality engineers to maximize product quality and business value
- Monitor and plan for customer adoption and satisfaction
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS
University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or equivalent experience
Pragmatic marketing or other product management training an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient working with SQL and XML
- Able to perform task analysis, domain modeling, and wireframing
- 5+ years of experience in product management or business analysis
- Experience working in an Agile environment, particularly in the role of Product Owner
- Success working in a fast-moving technology company environment, preferably Enterprise SaaS
- Have a proven track record for outstanding performance working on complex problems
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience doing user experience design for software (e.g. information architecture, UI design)
- Experience in supply-chain management, consumer packaged goods, or manufacturing
- Experience doing integration between different software products
- Knowledge of EDI standards
MOTIVATIONS & INTERESTS
- Interest and affinity to business and entrepreneurship
- Enjoy working in teams and getting to know new people
- Have a habit of ruthless prioritization
- Keen Intelligence: Crunch through our complex and ever-evolving problems
- Strong Analysis: Be counted on to break down problems and find insights
- Great judgment: Make lots of tough decisions, often under uncertainty
- Pragmatic Vision: Be able to envision the future, and also stay grounded in reality
- Organization: Be the organizational backbone of your team, letting nothing slip through the cracks